An update to Lock ‘n’ Roll is now in the App Store. Aside from some minor bug fixes, here are the major changes in this release:
- A reset button has been added to the info screen; pressing it will allow you to end the current game and start a new one.
- The “pick up a die” sound effect has been replaced with another, less harsh sound.
- If you manage to earn enough points to get a third joker, but there is no room for it because you already have two jokers on the tray, you get a 1,000 point bonus instead. (Seriously, how are you doing this?)
- The High Scores screen allows you to view both your own high scores and worldwide high scores. We’re displaying the top 20 scores in groups, including games played in the past hour, since getting on the All Time list now requires a score over 61,000 points.
- Advertisements, provided by AdMob. I’m not crazy about ads myself, but they are unobtrusive and the revenue will help us make further improvements to Lock ‘n’ Roll, including an ad-free paid version. So, if you’re avoiding the update because of the ads, I urge you to reconsider.